09 July 2009

The "Logic" Game - - -shared by Marriete

My sister, Marriete, just got home from school at around 9:12 p.m. Two hours before that, she called saying that she'll be late because they have a case study that's due tomorrow.

I was surfing the net, searching for my report on "The Evolution of Money during the Japanese Regime in the Philippines" and playing the "Restaurant City" in facebook when my sister, while eating jack fruit, said: " I have a game for you and its not an ordinary game for it's logical. We had this while having a break from our case study."

I looked at her and thought, "Why not? Game!"

"Ok, listen carefully... "Harry likes basketball but not basket."- - -she said while she enjoy eating the fruit.

I looked at her with a questioning look.

"Harry likes Kamille but not Kams"- - -she added.

"So, what's logical with that?", I thought.

and here's another one- - -"Harry likes University of the Philippines but not U.P."

I was then focused on what she was saying that I forgot about my net surfing, I repeated every example she said. She told me that if I already know the game, I'll just make my own example, so I said "Eugene likes Miriam College but not M.C." (I had thought of this only because she use her own school...hahaha!)

"Yeah, could be", she said and then added "Harry likes Marriete but not Mar" and "Harry likes the floor but not the ceiling"...

Hhmmmm...I was in deep thinking. It somehow gave me an idea. I told her that maybe it's liking a common noun to a proper noun and gave an example like "Harry likes animals but not dogs".

"No, don't mind about the things you're talking but the words itself", she said. I thought of writing-down her examples for it is much easier to decipher, but she didn't allow me. "It is better if you'll get the answer by just thinking with all the effort of imagining," she said. So I was left imaging and imagining every word of the sentence in my head...and as I repeat her examples, I was able to get the logic... out of the game.





How about you?

Got the logic?




The examples (from my sister) are provided. :)

Try it yourself and drop a comment to my comment box on what you guess about this game.



I have one for you:

"Melissa likes cellphone but not phone."





Enjoy!!!

16 comments:

  1. philosophy naxa nga logic..heheheheheh! rolling in laughter naman me sa logic..kea ayaw ko mag programmer dahil sa logic..heheh!waaaaaaaaaaaa ate q

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! so what do you think is the clue of this game that makes it logical? :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. ambot? no idea? hehe..basta logic..philosopy mana xa..hehe! what pla? hmm...ang sugpon naa lang jampong sa mismong sentence eh..pru how nga naging game? hahaha. cnxa ate just got finished trying the sql commands kasi nah quiz namu sa lab..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe..basta.. naa ra sa words.. hehehe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh..okie.."likes" is the word bah? wahahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA. an kulit! nagets mo na mama eugene? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ang ako gi-post rara kow.. expression lang na. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! i know this game. :D naa ni xa sa among guidance counseling. wahehehe. :D sir thadz dabest! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. is it correct if i say: Debbie likes lollipop but not candy? hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ABSOLUTELY Bessy!! so as Eugene likes apple but not mango. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha! perfect! bwhahaha!
    here's another one:

    Debbie likes De La SALLE but not UP. hahahaha. :D

    (but oh, i love both. haha!)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts ;)