03 December 2011

A Dog's Love

How I love dogs! Whenever I see pictures or videos of it, I feel like my bones just melted away... they are my weakness! ^_^ 

Back when I was about 8yrs. old in my province in Mangagoy, Bislig City, Surigao del Sur, we were given a dog ( I do not know what breed...but we call it an askal) and named her "Brownie", guess you know the reason why. =)) It was Brownie who pioneered the family-tree of our dogs as the years go by. (Too bad I have not thought about writing a list of their names to completely have a family-dog-tree x_x )

One of the most regretful thing I have done with my dogs was when I was about to pursue college in the year 2007. Me and my family have to stay here in Quezon City leaving our dogs at home... I realized later how selfish I was for leaving them without saying goodbye. My uncle (who was left in the province) told us that Kakoy, J.T., and Uchang (our dogs that time)  were always not in the mood to play and eat. Instead, they just stay near our gate as if waiting for someone to come. Until one day, J.T. just disappeared...and both Uchang and Kakoy died.

It was like the movie "Hachi: A Dog's Tale", were the dog name Hachiko waited and waited everyday for his master to arrive at the train station from work but he never come back. (I'll just not say more about the movie so to not spoil you if you plan to watch it! ;) I can relate to the movie and it really made me cry a river just as how much "Marley and Me" and "Eight Below" did to me. *sobbss*

In my life I have realized that dogs are not just plain dogs, they are a family. They give comfort simply by their presence, they give security who guards you and your home, they give happiness by their cuteness and tricks, they simply give unconditional love that most human-being does not even know how to.

One day, I will have my own dog and it would be a Golden Retriever (if my budget would let me :D hihi) or any dog that is cute, friendly, hyper, and super loving! I would also like to share the breed of dogs that I find very adorable: Gordon Setter, Great Pyrenees, Havanese, Kuvasz, Labrador Retriever, Newfoundland...and many more from this site! ^_^


Sharing quotes from the movies ;)

[Marley and Me] John Grogan: A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary? 

[Eight Below] Jerry Shepard: [to Dr. Harrison] These dogs are my family. You can't just leave them out there. 

[Hachi: A Dog's Tale] Ken: [Talking in Japanese] It's been a year, hasn't it? I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night and think about Parker. He was a good friend. I understand how you feel. Hachi, my friend, Parker is never coming home. But if Hachiko wants to wait, then Hachiko should wait. You want to wait for him, don't you? Have a long life, Hachi. 


Kakoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts ;)